Saturday 13 August 2011

Big Blue's first blue post

This is a blog about the adventures of a big blue van and the people who will be driving it around Australia... well it's most probably going to be mostly about the drivers... actually as I'm the one writing this it's probably going to be mostly about me, but Jess and Big Blue will definitely be contributing characters.
Now that we've established all that, my name is Tim (nice to meet you) and I'm currently on my first full day away from home. Yesterday was about saying bye to family and friends, buying last minute gadgets and ordering the mayhem that was in the back of Blue. I drove from Adelaide until my feet fell asleep and was determined to make it to Mt Gambier but stopped just shy in Pinola for the night. I asked a bottle shop owner where a good place to stop for the night was. He said to head up the road past the caravan park, turn right when you hit the ramp and stop by the lake. What he didn't tell me is that the lake is a swamp at the moment, and it's right next to a cemetery. Basically I stopped to sleep in any deep-southern American horror movie ever made.
I survived the night, even though I'm sure some frogs were planning something gruesome for snoring through their love songs, and am now in Mt Gambier. I would have given my kingdom for a café but had to settle on the cheap, screaming child filled alternative and lets be realistic, it's probably not going to be the last time in this trip. I want to tackle as much of the great ocean road today as I can, so I best drink up and ship out. I'll check in again soon.
Tim




Fixing up Blue for the trip.









 
Working on the curtains.


Blue with his bags packed and ready for the trip!



No comments:

Post a Comment